Finding Some Humour In Talking About Money
Maybe that’s the problem? Money is such a serious, uncomfortable subject that we never want to deal with it, talk about it or even think about it.
Today I’m going to lighten it up and share some humour for a change. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we could stop obsessing with how little we have and start enjoying what we DO have? Money is important but so is living life to the fullest. Be happy with what you have and make it work for you in the best way possible.
Here are some of my favourite quotes about money.
I hope you have a good laugh. Surprisingly, there’s a lot of truth in them. Whether you’re a mother, father, daughter, retiree or millennial, there’s something for everyone to relate to. Who knows, maybe they’ll give you inspiration to take better care of YOUR money?
1) Mom: “What do you think I am, made of money?” Son: “Isn’t that what MOM stands for?”
2) Money isn’t the most important thing in life, but it’s reasonably close to oxygen on the “gotta have it” scale…Zig Ziglar
3) A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it…Bob Hope
4) Don’t marry for money; you can borrow it cheaper…Scottish proverb
5) Stop trying to keep up with the Joneses. The Joneses are BROKE.
6) If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional, wait until you hire an amateur.
7) Teach your children about tax. Eat 30% of their ice cream.
8) I wish retail therapy was covered by my health insurance.
9) My life is all math. I am trying to add to my income, subtract from my weight, divide my time and avoid multiplying (a working mother?)
10) I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford; Then I’ll move in with them.
11) The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket…Will Rogers
12) A father is… Someone who carries pictures where his money used to be.
13) Budget- Telling your money where to go before your feelings do!
14) Retirement; When your parents spend all the money they insisted wasn’t “growing on trees” when you were a child.
15) The best time to start thinking about retirement is before the boss does.
16) The less you know about your finances, the more likely you are to become a profitable customer for a bank.
17) Money can’t buy happiness, but it can make a big downpayment.
18) I wish my bank account refilled as fast as my laundry basket.
Know any other funny quotes about money?
I’d love to hear them. Have a great day (and always appreciate the money you DO have)!
Proud founder of this blog Let’s Talk About Money, Patricia Gass, CPA, CA, provides personal finance coaching and education to improve your money skills. Follow her on linkedin, twitter or pinterest.
photo courtesy of acelebrationofwomen.org