Money and Life- Turning Words Into Action!
Are you on track to meet your goals? Have you found the right balance between enjoying your money/life today and investing for tomorrow?
To celebrate the final quarter of 2013, here are 13 of my favourite money, career and investing quotes to get you thinking about your money and life. Maybe, just maybe, they will be the inspiration you need to take action.
1) “Don’t tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I’ll tell you what they are”…James W. Frick
2) “Personal finance is 80% behaviour and only 20% head knowledge”…Dave Ramsay
3) “We have gotten into the habit of spending money we haven’t earned, to buy things we don’t need, to impress people that we don’t like. So get rid of that habit”…Dr. Deepak Chopra
4) “More people should learn to tell their dollars where to go instead of asking them where they went”…Roger Babson
5) “The best reason to save is not to escape work, but to free yourself to do a different kind of work”…Joe Dominguez, Vicki Robin
6) “Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship”….Benjamin Franklin
7) “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune”…Jim Rohn
8) “If you could make just one decision right, you could be very successful financially. That decision is choosing the right career. Find something you love to do and you will have the emotional energy and focus needed to succeed”…Dr. Thomas Stanley
9) “It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy”…George Lorimer
10) “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time”…Jim Rohn
11) “Price is what you pay; value is what you get”…Benjamin Graham
12) “Its far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price”…Warren Buffett
13) “Try to understand why, when we have a 50% discount at department stores, people buy more, but when the stock market drops by 50%, everybody wants to sell”…Clement Gignac
My own personal favourites are #3 and #13. I try to remember #3 when I’m shopping- it helps me keep more money in my wallet! And if you’re a stock market investor, #13 is a great way to keep your investing behavior in line- don’t sell when the market tanks!
Which ones do you like? Would love to hear your thoughts!